Navigation
Mitglieder Online
· Gäste Online: 1

· Mitglieder Online: 0

· Mitglieder insgesamt: 27
· Neuestes Mitglied: djtaxxi
Thema ansehen
 Thema drucken
Suggestion: An exclusion-list to ignore IPs for counts, etc.
JMM
Hello Patrick, Sir. Happy New Year to you and your family.

I have a possible suggestion for a future feature/capability for your wonderful Chrome-Fusion v3, regarding counters.

Yesterday, I added 2 news items to my MAIN site, which shows (as of this writing) that one has 8 reads and the other has 15 reads. The problem is, all those reads were done by me, when I was creating the news items. In actuality, none of those reads were done by visitors to my site.

Similarly, on my main page, in the bottom-right corner it shows that my site has had more than 32 thousand unique visitors. The problem with that is, I use my site as a portal for myself, spending many hours every day on it, so I would guess that more than 95% of those unique visitors are in actuality myself Cool.

I don't know how difficult it would be, or if it is even possible, for Chrome-Fusion to be able to have an exclusion-list setting in Admin Panel, whereby a site owner if they wish can enter in their own IP address into that exclusion list, and then Chrome-Fusion would ignore that IP for such counts as site visits, and reads of such things as news items, etc. Or possibly more than 1 IP address, in case a site owner wish to have more than 1 IP not counted.

In my case, all logging of my IP for the many things on my websites are detected as my firewall's WAN IP address coming from my provider's modem's LAN port, which is always 192.168.0.2 and never changes, so I would then be able to enter in that 192.168.0.2 into Chrome-Fusion's exclusion list, and then Chrome-Fusion would not use that IP for counts for such things as news reads, site visits, etc.

Having given this some thought, for your Chrome-Fusion users whose network detects instead their external WAN IP address which changes from time to time, as mine did for decades before I moved to my current provider, I don't know how Chrome-Fusion would handle that. For some software & hardware, I know that domain names can be entered into exclusion/inclusion lists for such things as blocking/allowing access & counts, etc., and then the hardware/software checks & determines that the domain translates to x.x.x.x. Chrome-Fusion could possibly/hopefully then use a similar method, by translating domain names in its exclusion list to external IP addresses, which Chrome-Fusion could then use to not count those IPs. In my case, my external IP changes whenever my Internet modem reboots, but that does not affect me because all my sites detect only 192.168.0.2 as my incoming address Smile, but for your others Chrome-Fusion users, the ability for Chrome-Fusion to determine IP address from domain names in its exclusion list would solve that problem.

You most likely have much-higher priorities than the above, with family & work, etc., but the above is just a thought Wink.

Thanks in advance, and have yourself a great & safe year. And thank you again for your expertise and desire to keep your Chrome-Fusion the great CMS that it is.

Tschüss and be safe,

John
Toronto-ish, Canada

https://fusionwings.com/viewpage.php?page_id=14
Chrome
Chrome-Fusion is a mod of PHP-Fusion. I'm not sure how php-fusion handles this. I think that a cookie is set. If this cookie is deleted, as soon as you call up the page again, a new cookie will be saved and the counter of unique visits will be increased by 1.

And with the news, the counter is increased by 1 every time you read them. When creating a new news item, you can also click on the preview button to preview it.

I'll see if I can add an admin option there. Chrome Fusion is currently being updated to php 8.1 and 8.2. The infusions for Chrome-Fusion v3 will also be gradually updated as well as for the respective PHP version.

http://chrome-fusion.de
JMM
Hi, Patrick, thank you for your reply. I thought I had replied last week, apologies.

Zitat

And with the news, the counter is increased by 1 every time you read them. When creating a new news item, you can also click on the preview button to preview it.

I'll see if I can add an admin option there.

There is no need for that admin option, it is not important, but thank you anyway.

Zitat

Chrome Fusion is currently being updated to php 8.1 and 8.2.

I am currently running PHP 8.2.1 on all my sites except my 6 Chrome-Fusion sites, which are running 8.0.10. If you need any testing done with 8.2.1, please let me know.

Thank you for your dedication to Chrome-Fusion Smile.

JMM

Zitat

Chrome Fusion is currently being updated to php 8.1 and 8.2. The infusions for Chrome-Fusion v3 will also be gradually updated as well as for the respective PHP version.
and

Zitat

I am currently running PHP 8.2.1 on all my sites except my 6 Chrome-Fusion sites, which are running 8.0.10. If you need any testing done with 8.2.1, please let me know.

Hi again, Patrick. I hope that all is well with you.

I just wanted to let you know that yesterday, as a test, I installed your Chrome-Fusion v3.02.05 - full.zip onto one of my sites running PHP 8.2.1, and it installed successfully without any errors Smile

The site is at https://www.NitroWings.me/cms/

I only have 2 news items on that website, as I do not use other sections such as Downloads, FAQs, Photos, etc., so I am not able to test if those other sections also work under 8.2.1.

I have not installed any infusions yet on this website, as I will wait until you officially update Chrome-Fusion & infusions to be compatible with 8.2.x later this year.

Have yourself a great day, sir.

Regards,
John

Chrome
glad to hear it.

http://chrome-fusion.de
Springe ins Forum:
Login
Benutzername

Passwort

Noch kein Mitglied?
Klicke hier um dich zu registrieren

Passwort vergessen?
Um ein neues Passwort anzufordern klicke hier.
Shoutbox
Du musst dich einloggen um eine Nachricht zu senden.

SpinXO
26.08.2023 - 11:17
huhu

Chrome
27.08.2022 - 14:12
Das wünsche ich dir bzw. euch auch

Thomas
27.08.2022 - 12:15
Wünsche euch allen ein ruhiges Wochenende

Chrome
28.12.2021 - 20:00
Danke, das wünsche ich dir nachträglich auch